There is lots of different places to see and visit to get the most out of your stay, below is some information supplied by Queensland Tourism, to help you plan your visit, while using Amaroo at Trinity as your base.
Tropical North Queensland has more untouched beauty, ancient culture and adventure contained within, than some entire countries manage to do, with the World Heritage List double-act of the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest its most prized stars.
World Heritage Listed. Life changing.
Cairns & the Great Barrier Reef is total bucket list material.
- Snorkel, dive or join a live-aboard and share the water with curious Minke Whales and Sea Turtles.
- Zipline through the ancient beauty of the Daintree Rainforest and meet the local tree kangaroos or elusive cassowary.
- Tackle world-class mountain bike trails weaving through World Heritage Listed rainforest.
- Kayak, walk or gallop your way along Cape Tribulation beach – where you may not see another soul.
Thousands of years in the making
If you’re seeking a real connection to the land, you’ll find it in the stories, the smiles and the history of the Indigenous Australians who share their culture with you.
- Stand in the world’s oldest open-air gallery at an Indigenous rock art site.
- Learn traditional painting and hunting skills.
- Experience a spa treatment in a sacred rainforest cultural site.
- Meander through the rainforest with an Indigenous guide who will provide an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationship with this unique tropical environment.
Launchpad to (even more) paradise